Sunday, December 8, 2013

I haven't updated in a while, so here are some of our recent laughs.
Last night, we had our annual Christmas party at my sister's where Santa makes a visit with a present for each kiddo there. We just got a toy book in the mail and I told Trevor to circle stuff he wanted. I brought it inside with us to look through. When Santa came to the door, he ran to me and whispered, "I need my wish list. Go get it!" I went up one set of stairs, and he must not have trusted me to get it, because he went up the other set of stairs to get it (yes, my sister's house is huge and has multiple stair cases). When Santa called his name for his present, he took his wish book up and tried to show him what he had circled. Later, during pictures, they had a better look at it! Hope Santa brings more of what he wants!!
For some reason, Jack thought his birthday was coming up soon. It's in June. I told him there are many other birthdays before his, but his half birthday is coming up soon. He asked if you get presents for that. I said no, but then realized, "Yes! You do! It's called Christmas! Your half birthday is on Christmas!" While I was laughing about that, Trevor addressed me as 'Jennifer.' The daycare is teaching them the names of their parents. One day, Trevor would not stop calling me that.
Jack joined Cub Scouts at the beginning of this school year. Their camp out was cancelled for this weekend, but he's been enjoying it so far.
Tomorrow marks the day that Trevor came home from the hospital. After 16 long and stressful weeks in the hospital, we said goodbye to some great nurses at Texas Childrens. Then we saw them again the next day! We had to make an emergency stop to pick up some nipples for the bottles. Trevor's first night at home was awful! He wouldn't drink from any bottle we had. We even went to buy different kids of bottles. He was a bit stubborn - and still is...
It's hard to believe he'll be old enough for kindergarten next school year. I haven't decided what we'll do though. I'd feel really bad for his teachers. He'll probably get kicked out like someone I know.



No comments:

Post a Comment