Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Interesting day to say the least


Sometimes, I feel like crying when I work. But,I have to find the humor in things to stay sane. So if you need a good laugh, keep reading.
If you didn't know, I teach fourth grade gifted and talented kids. I figured I should start a journal of the crazy things I hear from my students. Today alone, there were three separate incidences from three different children.
  1. After an assignment was handed out, a student walked up to me very confused and said, “Where's the rest of them?” “Rest of what?” I asked. “I see #7, #8, and #9, but where are the rest of them?” “Oh, dear,” I thought to myself. Luckily, before I had to explain to flip the paper over, the student figured it out and went back to his seat.
  2. Not long after, a student asked, “What's the weather going to be like on Monday?” “I have no idea! Why?” I replied. “The calendar says Monday is a Bad Weather Day.”
    Now, I understand a kindergartener or first grader saying this. But...I have explained to them recently that Monday is a district Bad Weather Day incase we had to miss school due to bad weather in the past. AND...this is not the first year that they have had a bad weather day.
  3. Lastly, still during the same assignment, I heard the student sitting on my floor near my desk talking to someone. I knew the other members of the group had moved away to a table, so I looked over to see who he was talking to. It was a banana. Yes, a BANANA! I stopped asking why a long time ago...
    Keep in mind, this was not just today, but within an hour of each other. Needless to say, I was glad recess was soon after.
Only 50 some days until summer! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment