Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 6


They let him have all his feeds by bottle on Saturday. They actually took out the feeding tube while I was there yesterday. It was barely hanging on to his face. They say that when he's ready he'll let you know...I guess that was the sign. So the nurse took it out. He's done good so far. He's at two ounces. Probably tomorrow they will start letting him have as much as he wants. Today after his bottle, he did not want to go back to his crib or swing. I think he might be a little spoiled. I put him up on my shoulder and he was wide-eyed looking all around. He really liked looking at the monitor. He holds his head up pretty well for his gestational age. I didn't he would be able to do that this soon. He finally fell asleep after I swaddled him up good (after an hour of crying!). Hopefully tomorrow we'll have a better idea of when he'll be able to come home.

Several people have asked about donations...Some places that I have learned of are Project Linus they made a really cute quilt for his incubator that we got to keep and a few other blankets) and the
Ronald McDonald house (they have rooms for parents to stay at the hospital and off-site). There is one where professional photographers take pictures and make scrapbooks too. I'll have to find
that name. I also had someone ask about donating material for blankets and the nurse said that's great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment